On the coast near Perpignan you will find the picturesque villages of Collioure and Banyuls sur Mer, reached by a beautiful coastal road with its many views. Narbonne is a beautiful city on the coast, which you can reach via the highway but also through the nature reserve where you see the vineyards of the Corbieres.
Located on a park-like site of more than two hectares, on the river Aude.
- Espéraza is located in the Aude department, about 1250 kilometers from Utrecht.
- The monumental villages, Rennes-le-Chateau, Couiza, Alet-les-Bains and Quillan are all within 10 minutes distance.
- The lively and busy town of Limoux is twenty kilometers away, the historic city of Carcassonne forty minutes.
- Perpignan and Toulouse are over an hour away.
- The border with Spain and the Pyrenees are nearby and you are in a small 2 to 3 hours in Girona or Barcelona.
The airports of Toulouse, Montpellier, Gerona and Barcelona are all easily accessible and also have good choice in terms of car rental.
The nearest ski resort is 45 minutes away and the charming ski resort Ax-les-Thermes is 5 minutes with La station Ax 3 Domaines 1400-2400m.
Sights in the area:
- Quillan, town at the foot of the Pyrenees
- Château de Serres – Carcassonne
- Collioure on the vermilion coast, a paradise between sea and mountains
- Discover the Top 10 attractions of Occitanië
- Carcassonne: one of the most remarkable places in France
- Top 10: places to visit in the Aude
- Narbonne: a lively city on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea